Πέμπτη 3 Μαΐου 2012

So, So Stunning!!!!!!


Hello everyone!!!
While studying today, I came across some photos of the Prada flagship store at Soho, New York.
I'm pretty sure that many of you have already seen some photos of this masterpiece of Rem Koolhaas.




Well, I had the chance to visit that store a few years ago. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take photos, but I will never forget that EXPERIENCE.
I call it like that, because:

Good ARCHITECTURE is an experience.
The stairs, opposite of a concave surface, that can be opened and work as an internal showcase, have become the TRADEMARK of this store. The so-called WAVE separates the store in two domains, the womens' and the mens' collections. 


The WAVE

The Dutch architect managed not to leave a sole space unexploited, since the biggest part of the womens' collection is below these stairs. The mens' collections occupy the biggest part of the ground floor.


Prada Store Plans


The SERVICE was beyond perception. 
Once we entered the store everyone was greeting us, and after getting to the basement, we were offered a glass of Mimosa. Everyone was smiling at us, even though we were just two girls, visiting the store just for fun. We never felt we were criticized for not being able to afford Prada stuff, unlikely many stores here in Greece.


The internal showcase


That was my post for today, since I'm kind of sick and not able to go out and present my first outfit post.
XOXO, DP.....

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου